Matthew Haynes is an Experience Designer and the driving force behind The Design Conference, an epic two-day event featuring critically acclaimed strategists, designers and some of the world’s most renowned commercial artists. With notable past speakers including Chris Do, Tea Uglow, Dean Poole and Christopher Doyle, as well as previous guests on this podcast — Ben Johnston and Craig Black.
Matt discusses the motivation behind starting The Design Conference 10 years ago, building it beyond an in person event and the expansion of their ecosystem.
We discuss brands like Louis Vuitton and Nike, Matt’s early career as a professional baseball player, meeting your idols and his quest to live a spectacular life.
Follow Matt on Instagram.
“Matthew brings enormous positive energy and enthusiasm to everything he does and is passionate and genuine about promoting the strength of the Australian Creative and Design industry.”
Co Founder / Creative Director
- Matt’s favourite brand
- The fear of failure
- Matt’s introduction to creativity
- Ayahuasca and the journey into the unknown
- Playing professional baseball in America
- Starting The Design Conference 10 years ago
- The desire to improve
- Living a spectacular life
- The evolution of the design conference
- What makes a great speaker