He’s led software projects for global brands like Rio Tinto and Chevron, and coaches people on how to develop their soft skills through experiential learning.
Leading a fully distributed workforce across three continents, Matthew shares great advice on how he keeps his team engaged, motivated and productive.
- Building trust remotely
- What’s wrong typical meetings and how to fix them
- How to better assess new candidates
- Teamwork building exercises
- Employee engagement
Matthew is passionate about productivity and continuous learning, he shares some great tools, apps and advice on how we can achieve more.
Plus, we dive into what he does outside of work, zen, geocaching and rites of passage programs.
Follow Matthew on Twitter.
Hi 👋, I’m Matthew.
Me in 10 seconds:
I’ve been exploring self expression through zen, psychodrama/sociodrama, rites of passage programs for the past 15 years.
Spontaneous, enthusiastic, direct, and love exploring deep questions.
I am Australian and (used to) travel often for work.
- Matthew’s favourite brands — Patagonia & David Smith Apps
- How he got started in software development
- A background to Enspara
- Managing distributed teams
- How to build trust remotely
- The differences between remote and local teams
- Matthew’s team’s technology setup
- Hiring software developers
- Teamwork building
- What’s wrong with typical meetings and how to improve them
- How to get more productivity and engagement from your workforce
- Personal productivity apps and tips
- What Matthew does outside of work: Zen & Geocaching
- Rites of passage programs for boys and young men