Dr Zac Fitz-Walter earned one of the world’s first PhDs in gamification design, and has since lectured and developed curriculum on gamification for universities.
In this episode we discuss how to use gamification and motivation design to create engaging software that empowers your users.
We discuss Nintendo, PokemonGo, Foursquare, Duolingo, Zombies run, escape rooms, smart watches, Strava, Mailchimp, Black Mirror and more.
Learn more about Zac.
Dr Zac’s bio
Dr Zac Fitz-Walter is an educator and designer with an expertise in gamification and motivation design. He earned one of the world’s first PhDs in gamification design, and has since lectured and developed curriculum on gamification for universities. He speaks and educates governments and companies around the world on effective gamification and engagement design. In his downtime he likes to live dangerously – racing cars, battling monsters and shooting aliens – all in virtual worlds of course.
- Zac’s favourite brand – Nintendo
- What Gamification is and some great examples
- How Apps have changed over the years
- How gamification has evolved
- Industries where gamification provides huge growth opportunity
- Using good Motivational & behavioural design principles to get people coming back
- Common mistakes that people make with gamification
- How to increase the engagement on websites
- Using sound in apps and websites
- Gamification and engagement design
- The future of gamification
- Escape Rooms
- Zac’s Favourite books, podcasts and Apps.