David King is a Director and Senior Lawyer of Schofield King Lawyers, a personal injury firm with offices across New South Wales.
In 2018, David completed Marathon Des Sables, a 240km multi-staged ultra marathon through the Sahara Desert.
The themes of this episode revolve around mental toughness, setting personal challenges and continual improvement.
We discuss our favourite brands, how he co-founded a law firm at the young age of 27, learning to surf, and his love of mixed martial arts, books and music.
David King is a Director and Co-Founder of Schofield King Lawyers, a personal injury and compensation law firm. Schofield King Lawyers specialise in total and permanent disability (TPD) claims, workers’ compensation claims, motor vehicle claims, and negligence claims.
Outside of work, David loves spending time with his family and playing guitar.
- Co-founding a law firm at the young age of 27
- Difference between the practice and study of law
- The lack of interaction between client and lawyer in the legal industry
- Technology changes that are disrupting the legal industry
- Highlights over the past 12 months – martial arts, studying leg locks, surfing
- Learning process of surfing
- Competing in Mixed Martial Arts
- Training for Marathon Des Sables
- Running 240km across the Sahara desert
- David’s favourite books
- His love of Bob Dylan
- Renzo Gracie and his documentary ‘Legacy’
- Josh Waitzkin and The Art of Learning
- Theodore Roosevelt – Man in the Arena